The Match Info Screen (Home Screen) is where the App initially starts up. It is a scrollable screen if you find it doesn’t fit on your display.
From here you can choose players either by pressing on the silhouette images to select from your contacts list or simply entering them into the associated text boxes. The App will remember players entered here for future statistics but you must enter them exactly the same each time. Entering “tim” isn’t the same as entering “Tim” however you can change the player’s names in the Player Edit screen available from the Preferences Screen.
You may choose the match type on this screen. The following match types are supported although only the singles matches are available in the free application.
- Singles – HiHo : Singles Hand In Hand Out. Players must be serving to win points
- Singles – PARS : Singles Point A Rally System. Players win points with every rally win
- Singles – Timed – PARS : Singles PARS with set time to play rather than set numbers of points per game.
- Singles – Set No Games – PARS : Singles PARS but if say 5 games are selected then 5 games will be played irrespective of whether a player gets to 3 nil which would normally mean a match end.
- Doubles – HiHo : Doubles Hand In Hand Out. Teams must be serving to win points
- Doubles – PARS : Doubles Point A Rally System. Teams win points with every rally win
The New Match button is used to complete the current match and start a new one. If the current match is incomplete then it will be finalised and no further scoring in it will be possible.
The Share Result button is used to navigate to the Share screen where you can Tweet, eMail or post to Facebook the results of the current or historical matches.
Between the two buttons is the Statistics button. Choose this to navigate to the list of matches that have been scored with the Squash Scorer.
Finally the arrows at the bottom of the page are used to navigate to either the scorer screen or the preferences screen.